Subject: Damn spam-- "New company"?? WHatever guys..
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <tooleym@douglas.bc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 03/18/1998 13:10:13
Interesting and wonderful opportunity to waste their time and money like
they've wasted ours:

First, the ip address of ths sender:  24.0.132.32 <-- this looks almost
like a cable modem. This means that it's consistently, all the time, same
computer, same place! Muaaahahahahaha (rubs hands together evilly)  I'll
just wait for a while until it's back online and laugh when I learn the OS
is Win95.

Tangentially: I play this group of cable users all the time in Quake... I
wonder if one day I'll recognize this ip..

Tangentially: Since it's a cablemodem and not responding, perhaps someone
complained to the admin and that person no longer has cable modem access.
Good!

Second: (800)915-9348  an 800 phone number! Yeah! This is so rare in
spam.. *chanting* auto-dial auto-dial auto-dial..

Of course, this COULD simply be a faked email to swamp an 800 number with
calls. That's what the first legitimate, voice call will be. Let's all do
the same and see if they change the 800 number and therefore make the spam
void and useless.

Hee hee,

Marc Tooley
tooleym@douglas.bc.ca