Subject: Re: Frustration
To: Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
From: Joseph Sarkes <joe@js.ne.mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 03/15/1998 17:12:03

> UVM is experimental, and I'd only do it in the kernel for the moment.
> It may also not work yet in a number of ways. This is why they call
> this "bleeding edge" work.

But there have to be some instructions on at least how to get it
to the point where it isn't working, proper sequence, the most
common pitfalls, etc. This would apply to anything of this nature.
All i had was an email from one of the netbsd lists, no real
instructions other than options UVM in the config and UVM=1 in
the /etc/mk.conf file. I managed to wedge my system that way, so
i can attest that total ignorance won't cut it.

--
Joseph Sarkes                   mailto:joe@mediaone.net