Subject: libkern/strchr.c gone missing?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Monroe Williams <monroe@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/13/1998 03:06:02
I haven't been keeping up with -current much recently and I just
resubscribed to the list (seems it dropped me a while ago when I
had some transient email trouble), so I apologise if this has already
been noted.

I did a sup last night and tried to build a kernel today.  'make depend'
in my compile directory fails while depending the kern library objects
with "don't know how to make strchr.c".  I see that the sup removed
/src/sys/lib/libkern/strchr.c.

My last sup was about three months ago, and it's entirely possible that
my local source tree is blotto, but I don't _think_ I did anything
stupid this time.  :)

In case anyone cares, here was my approximate series of steps:

<sup>
cd /src/usr.sbin/config/
make clean && make depend && make && make install
cd /src/share/mk/
make clean && make depend && make && make install
cd /src/usr.bin/make/
make clean && make depend && make && make install
<make sure local config is up-to-date WRT GENERIC>
cd /src/sys/arch/mac68k/conf/
config FOO
cd /src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/FOO/
make clean && make depend && make