Subject: correct override for MASTER_SITES?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 03/07/1998 12:52:52
What is the correct way to override MASTER_SITES in /etc/mk.conf?
I have a local ftp server with all of pkgsrc/distfiles, and want
my various machines to try it first before looking out on the net.
I have tried the following in /etc/mk.conf, but I get an error
that says "Variable MASTER_SITES is recursive" in /usr/src when
building.  It seems to work fine for /usr/pkgsrc though.
/etc/mk.conf:
FETCH_BEFORE_ARGS=-p
MASTER_SITES:= \
	ftp://frakir/pub/NetBSD/packages/distfiles/${DIST_SUBDIR}/ ${MASTER_SITES}

Is this correct?  What I want is to look locally first, not completely
override the distribution sites.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.