To: Michael Graff <>
From: Jeff Thieleke <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/06/1998 03:57:27
Michael Graff wrote:
> Ty Sarna <> writes:
> > One thing NetBSD _really_ needs is searchable list archives. I know
> > used to have them, but apparently that's been disabled. Since
> > nobody has taken up the project, how about getting one or more of the
> > commercial list archivers to do it?
> All I need is a good search engine, and I will have them searachable
> again...  The problem is, the engine I was using has some security holes.

You were using Excite's search engine, correct?  If so, then the
following might be applicable:

  "The security hole can be corrected by replacing single Perl library
   that is part of the EWS1.1 distribution.  There are two new versions
   this file available at
   version is for Unix platforms, the other is for Windows NT platforms.
   Changes are confined to two subroutines within the
   library file.  The subroutines in question are 'MakeQuery' and

Jeff Thieleke
(can't wait for a searchable mailing list archive, either!)