Subject: Re: static lesstif lib
To: Matthias Scheler <>
From: Space Case <>
List: current-users
Date: 03/05/1998 16:41:41
On Mar 5,  2:35pm, Matthias Scheler wrote:
>In article <>,
>	Steve Allen <> writes:
>> What is the quickest way to get lesstif to build a static library?
>Add "#define ForceNormalLib YES" to "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config/host.def"
>or better install NetBSD's X11 distribution which has this option turned
>on by default.

Hmm... I installed the NetBSD version (even built my own from the 1.3
sources) and my host.def is empty...

That will work when building lesstif from pkgsrc?

Steve Allen -   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <>

Real Programs don't use shared text.  Otherwise, how can they use
functions for scratch space after they are finished calling them?