Subject: Re: dlopen(0, 1) should work?
To: None <salvet@ics.muni.cz>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 03/02/1998 22:39:29
> dlopen() returns a handle to be used in calls to dlclose(), dlsym() and
> dlctl(). The  value  of this handle should not be interpreted in any way
> by the program.

Yes, I saw later how the magic token was used and clearly we do not
provide a mechanism for a program to determine which shared objects it
has been linked with.  It would be nice if there were a dl* function
which allowed one to learn more about the shared objects...

eg.

so_map *dlinfo(void *handle, char *symbol)

ie, like dlsym() but returning the so_map ptr.  Bad data hiding I know
:-)

--sjg