Subject: Re: tftp on 1.3
To: Kevin Tsang <>
From: Andreas Wrede <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/26/1998 21:27:01
On Wed, 25 Feb 1998 15:01:36 EST "Kevin Tsang" writes
> Hi,
> I'm having a problem writing to a tftp server on NetBSD 1.3.  No matter
> what file permissions I set for the target file I always get this error:
> tftp> put testfile
> Error code 2: Access violation
> I have set the directory to 777, file to 666, the file name is correct....
> halp!

You must specify a compete path, ie 'put /tftpboot/testfile'. where the
directory you are writing to must be in the tftpd server argument list.
The man page needs updating.

Andreas Wrede              Planix, Inc.         Networking, System Administration, Consulting      Toronto, Ontario, Canada