Subject: Re: NetBSD-1.3 =~ 701MB, > 1 74min CD. (was Re: Installation from CD-ROM.)
To: None <>
From: Phil Nelson <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/19/1998 09:15:48
>> I have already made a CD of the ftp site ... 630 Mb
>Hmmm. I've got a tape of the local NetBSD ~ftp area...
>the NetBSD-1.3 tree weighs in at 735822172 bytes (using "tar tvf",
>greping for 1.3 and excluding alpha with an awk one liner).

I forgot to mention ... I removed all split files because IMHO there
should be no need for split files on a CDROM.

That is how I got 630 Mb.

I didn't remove other redundant files like I should have.  For example,
boot.fs and boot.fs.gz are present.  I could remove the .gz on the

In any case, I doubt the 1.4 will fit even with split files removed :)

Phil Nelson                    NetBSD:
e-mail:        !gifs: