Subject: Re: serial port control
To: None <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/18/1998 21:55:08
In article <199802181941.OAA25793@Twig.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> you write:
> voltage will be well above what such a bulb is designed to handle.  I
> don't think trying to run a room light off the UPS is unreasonable;
> perhaps you disagree. :-)

I have a friend who wouldn't.  When he was stationed with the Marines in
Iwakuni (sp?) Japan, the base power was flaky.  He'd brought a UPS
with him, and used to run his lights and stereo during blackouts.
Sure confused people.... but then, they _were_ Marines :->

I once used a UPS on a TV during a hurricane to get weather updates.
They're damned handy to have around, and you never know _what_ you might
want to use it for! I agree, the closer the output looks to wall power,
the better.