Subject: Re: Action of halt/reboot from scripts
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen Borrill <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/16/1998 10:39:03
On Sat 14 Feb, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> On Sat 14 Feb, Geoff Wing wrote:
> > Can you tell us what the last messages from shutdown are?

The last message was the one printing out the pid.

> I should try it again to verify that it is still broken.  Oh,
> yes, it didn't happen every time.  There must have been some kind of
> race because it only happened about half the time.

It always happens exactly the same for me. Exactly the same processes
are running when it gives up.

Stephen Borrill, Network Computer Technical Manager
Xemplar Education Ltd                    Tel: +44 (0) 1223 724 267
The Quorum, Barnwell Road                Fax: +44 (0) 1223 724 324
Cambridge, CB5 8RE, United Kingdom       WWW: