Subject: Re: serial port control
To: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/1998 20:41:25
Jeremy Cooper writes:
> On Thu, 12 Feb 1998, Ted Lemon wrote:
> > Do they make you sign anything, or is it just a fee you pay?
> I have said document.  Our group manager did some negotiations to get it.
> I believe we had to sign something.  The terms appear to prevent you from
> disclosing the info, even via source code.

The document appears to prevent even me from seeing the document if I
were to write the program on behalf of a corporate customer.  Only
"real" employees of the licensed coporation are allowed to see the
language specification.  It explicitly rules out consultants and use
of even a binary program outside of the corporation.

Off to see if I can find the Best Power docs...

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Rupprecht    <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
	  Never trust a program you don't have sources for.