Subject: Problem with en1207
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 02/12/1998 22:30:40
Folks,
        I have an i386 system with an Accton en1207 ether combo card
in it.  If I do an ifconfig -m the bnc network connection is not
listed as being available.  Looking in dmesg I see:

de0 at pci0 dev 9 function 0
de0: interrupting at irq 9
de0: ACCTON EN1207TX 21140 [10-100Mb/s] pass 1.1
de0: address 00:00:e8:14:99:53
de0: enabling 100baseTX port

Looks good except for one thing.  The card is being identified as an
en1207tx, hence no bnc.  This is not true.  The card is definitely a
full en1207.  I have checked the board itself, it has a DEC 21140 on
it and what looks like a part number of DC1010BA (I could be getting
the batch number here....).  I have had a look at the probe code and
it would seem that for some reason the fact that I have a 21140A it
not being spotted.  I am using a current supped last week. Any
suggestions?

  +++ Divide By Cucumber Error.  Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++
  - Hogfather, Terry Pratchett.