Subject: Re: dhclient - what's TRT?
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Scott Ellis <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/11/1998 09:55:17
On Wed, Feb 11, 1998 at 09:01:51AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> I'm trying to run a machine as a DHCP client - what's the right way to do this
> in NetBSD? I haven't found anything ready to go in /etc/rc*, and am wondering,
> how much of the code there gets done by dhclient. Anything else than removing
> the interface configuration in /etc/netstart?

I added in a call to dhclient just after mounting the "Critical Filesystems"
in /etc/rc and it seems to work just fine.  There should be a nicer way
to do this via some rc.conf option, but I've been too lazy to create
a pretty solution to the problem.

  //    Scott Ellis     //   //   //
// WARNING: This signature warps  time and space in its vicinity    //