Subject: union & null fs problem?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kazufumi-MIT-Mitani <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1998 11:23:53
I'm running 2/5 morning(JST) suped current on my Sparc Station 10 box.

It has 32M memory, 2 disks "<IBM, DCAS-34330, S65A> <SEAGATE, ST11200N
SUN1.05, 9500>", and CDROM (I attach DAT and CD-R sometime).

# mount -r /dev/cd0a /cdrom
# mount -t union -o -b /cdrom /mnt/cdrom
# add somefile to /mnt/cdrom/foo/baa
# mkisofs -R -o /mnt/CD /mnt/cdrom

then kernel panic.

Dose getdirentries have BUG or heavy use of union fs hit BUG?

# mount -t null /mnt/src /usr/src #(current-src directory)
then, using 2 window,

a) config A;cd ../compile/A;make depend;make
b) config B;cd ../compile/B;make depend;make

Doing a) and b) simultaneously, both 'make depend' locked up
with D+ state, and I reboot my box, it says can't umount /usr/src.

Does locking system of vnode make this kind of trouble?

Is union and null file system really STABLE ??

Kazufumi MITANI
Department of Information and Management Science
Faculty of Commerce, Otaru University of Commerce