Subject: union & null fs problem?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kazufumi-MIT-Mitani <mit@mit-s.otaru-uc.ac.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 02/10/1998 11:23:53
I'm running 2/5 morning(JST) suped current on my Sparc Station 10 box.

It has 32M memory, 2 disks "<IBM, DCAS-34330, S65A> <SEAGATE, ST11200N
SUN1.05, 9500>", and CDROM (I attach DAT and CD-R sometime).

1:
# mount -r /dev/cd0a /cdrom
# mount -t union -o -b /cdrom /mnt/cdrom
# add somefile to /mnt/cdrom/foo/baa
# mkisofs -R -o /mnt/CD /mnt/cdrom

then kernel panic.

Dose getdirentries have BUG or heavy use of union fs hit BUG?

2:
# mount -t null /mnt/src /usr/src #(current-src directory)
then, using 2 window,

a) config A;cd ../compile/A;make depend;make
b) config B;cd ../compile/B;make depend;make

Doing a) and b) simultaneously, both 'make depend' locked up
with D+ state, and I reboot my box, it says can't umount /usr/src.

Does locking system of vnode make this kind of trouble?

Is union and null file system really STABLE ??

---
Kazufumi MITANI
Department of Information and Management Science
Faculty of Commerce, Otaru University of Commerce
Internet: mit@mit-s.otaru-uc.ac.jp