Subject: Re: DNS question
To: None <>
From: Dustin Sallings <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/09/1998 00:23:42
> Dustin Sallings <> typed:
> :Greywolf wrote:
> :> Dustin Sallings sez:
> :> /* If you cannot resolve, you cannot resolve anything
> :>  under *  I think you may be a little confused as to what

> Why would you need to resolve an A record for `'?  That's
> entirely irrelevant to being able to resolve records for and under
> `'.  You need to be able to resolve NS records for
> `' via the glue in the `com' root servers and they are doing
> that fine.  Anyway, this is running far away from current-users subjects
> (not that it started out as one).

	I didn't say if you cannot resolve an *A* record for, I
said if you can't resolve it at all.  Just like if you can't resolve com, you
can't resolve  I've used DNS enough to know how it works.

Taos Mountain TS         My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <>