Subject: Re: DNS question
To: Brett Lymn <>
From: CyberPeasant <>
List: current-users
Date: 02/06/1998 01:14:13
> According to Dave Huang:
> >
> >Anyways, most DNS queries use UDP, not TCP... (I think only zone
> >transfer uses TCP?)
> >
> Not only for zone transfers, IIR my DNS correctly a tcp connection is
> used if the return data would overflow a udp packet.  Telnet'ing to
> the DNS port should give you a connection since bind should be
> listening on the TCP port.
> --
> Brett Lymn, Computer Systems Administrator, British Aerospace Australia

I used port 40, as Dave H. pointed out. I know better than that,
but...  Well, I plead stupidity.

At the time I probed, though, I could not resolve the name of the nameserver, or the domain (that still doesn't
resolve, but does).

PGP public key:  finger

       --== There are Greeks in that horse! I can hear them! ==--