Subject: Re: OpenGL Video Card Supported under XFree86
To: c5666305 <c5666305@comp.polyu.edu.hk>
From: Matthieu Herrb <matthieu@laas.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 02/02/1998 08:42:04
You wrote (in your message from Mon 2)
 > Hello,
 >
 > I am going to get a video card for my i386 (1.3b) system and the sales
 > person at my city (Hong Kong) told me that the OpenGL Video Card is the
 > fastest one.  I would like to know is there anyone using the said video
 > display card under XFree86. If so, will you please tell me more information
 > like brand chipset and so on.  Thanks.

Without any information on the chipset used, it almost impossible to
anwer this question. OpenGL is a trade mark from SGI and I doubt they
are making PCI boards for i386. So "OpenGL Video board" is not a known
brand of video board.

You should ask this (and give more information) to
xfree86@xfree86.org, if you don't find the info in the XFree86 docs on
<http://www.xfree86.org/>

					Matthieu