Subject: Re: DEC strongarm design
To: Brad Walker <bwalker@musings.com>
From: Mark Brinicombe <mark@causality.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/30/1998 16:59:04
On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Brad Walker wrote:

> I'm trying to find a way to get the DEC StrongArm reference
> design board cheaply. Apparently this board costs ~ $2500 and
> I would like to get one a little cheaper. I'm interested in
> using it for an appliance type application running NetBSD.
>
> If anyone could possibly help me that would be great.

Hi,
Are you specifically after the DEC reference NC design or rather a
StrongARM based NetBSD machine ? e.g. SA110 + superIO + PCI slots + ISA
slots or SA110 + ethernet + IO etc.

If it is the latter then I can point you in the direction of various types
of hardware that NetBSD will run on and where to get it etc. for a lot
less than $2500

Currently NetBSD runs on SA110 based RiscPC's and the DEC DNARD board.
A Port to the DEC EBSA285 I expect to commit shortly.
Ports to several other SA110 based systems exist or are in development.

Cheers,
				Mark

Mark Brinicombe	   Senior Engineer, Causality and Chalice Technology
Causality:         WWW: http://www.causality.com email: mark@causality.com
Chalice Tech:      WWW: http://www.chaltech.com  email: mark@chaltech.com
Office contact:    Tel/Fax: +44 (0)181 930 7408
SA110+1100, 21285/PCI, ARM, 3D, RTOSs, NetBSD, Image Processing, NC OSs