Subject: Re: browsers for NetBSD (netscape?)
To: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/27/1998 07:58:18
> > >Hmmm ... I just hope that whatever is released is actually _useful_.
> >
> > I believe the basic browser should be usable, that's all Netscape's code.
> > It's more likely the things that are shown when you do an about:netscape
> > (all the licensed products) that won't be included.

> So no Java ?

I saw a note somewhere that Netscape has said that they will, in fact,
stop developing their own Java VM entirely, and instead publish their
"OpenJava API" so that others can adapt their Java VMs appropriately.
(Boy, their marketing department is way behind the times; sticking Open
in a name of a secret technology hasn't made it more marketable for YEARS
now...)