Subject: Re: Immediate reboot when printing?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@herd.plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/26/1998 16:56:11
In message <12048.885854902@dnaunix.pa.dec.com>, "Chris G. Demetriou" writes:
>There are known problems with the lpt driver dating back a Long Time.
>There are problems with similar symptoms reported as long ago as the
>middle of 1996 (e.g. PR 2558), and, if i recall correctly, earlier
>(check the mailing list archives).

Huh.  Well, that's not very encouraging.  :)

>At one point I looked into it, but the code looks 'right', I couldn't
>duplicate it, and it seems that systems which have the problem at one
>time or another usually have it disappear after a certain amount of
>time...

Yeah, well, I never had it before, anyway.  I'd rather not reproduce
it too much, this is actually a machine I use.

(I'm running -current on it for LS-120 support, although as yet I can't
get it to actually drive the LS-120 much.  The light comes on, but the
drive eventually fails.)

-s