Subject: staircase problem revisited
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/26/1998 15:04:04
Hello!

I remember dark that this problem was discusses some (long) time ago,
but I don't know what the result was, so if anyone knows how to
fix/workarround it, I would be glad if I can get enlightment :-)

The staircase problem occurs if I telnet from a SunOS/Solaris/HP-UX/?
machine to a NetBSD machine (I know telnet should be replaced with ssh,
but a user here sits behind a firewall and has no other option than
using telnet), the output often looks like this:

--- example ---
frueauf has logged on ttyp0 from i41s20.
frueauf has logged on ttyp1 from i41s20.
                                        frueauf has logged on ttyp2 from
i41s20.

     frueauf has logged on ttyp3 from i41s20.
                                       frueauf has logged on ttyp4 from
i41s20.

     frueauf has logged on ttyp5 from 129.13.13.120.

[frueauf@NetBSD]/home/i41am1/frueauf>
--- example ---

So is the fault on the NetBSD site? Or is it a termcap issue on the
SunOS/Solaris/HP-UX site?

Thanx for any help in advance!

Greets
      Thorsten

PS: I mail this to current-users cause this problem occurs on NetBSD 1.3B
    too, in case this is a bug.

--

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //
   E-Mail: s_frueau@ira.uka.de oder ukfy@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de     \X/