Subject: Re: NetBSD Web Site powered by Perl
To: Peter Seebach <>
From: Ken Hornstein <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/1998 10:58:15
>>changes is too much pain in majority of cases). Did you ever
>>lost sources to a C program, which has worked for long time without
>>problems and suddenly breakes ? I did, it's not something I would like
>>to undergo often :-(
>I never lose my source...

But other people do; what happens if you try debugging a program that
was written by a long-gone programmer and nobody knows what happened
to the source code?

This happened at our site ... it was pretty painful.  Admittedly, this
is sort of a larger problem that whether or not to use perl ... and in
this case, we couldn't have used perl for this particular program
anyway :-)