Subject: Re: superdisks
To: Eric Haszlakiewicz <haszlaki@uaccess.net>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@herd.plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/1998 21:54:49
In message <199801230255.UAA17405@guinness.uaccess.net>, Eric Haszlakiewicz wri
tes:
>	duh.. I should have updated my sources first.  Anyway, looks like
>it pretty much works.  My drive[1] shows up as sd0 on the atapi bus.
>Doesn't exactly have floppy semantics (mount sd0d instead of 0a), not that
>it really needs to.

Huh.  Mine gets weird controller timeouts...

>	One thing I have noticed is that if anything tries to access the
>drive too soon after you put in a 120Meg disk it looses an interrupt
>and then it doesn't work at all.

Oh!  Thanks!

>Normal 1.44Meg floppies work fine though.

I'll have to check that out...

>This seems like a problem with the drive.  (Also happens under Win95,
>although win95 manages to recover if you eject the disk, reinsert it, wait,
>and then try again).  Ideas?

None, but thanks for the tip!  How long are you having to wait after
inserting the disk?  I noticed that it seemed to choke on the disk
if it was in during the boot...  In fact, mine always seems to choke on
the LS-120 disks, but on the other hand, for all I know, mine's bad.

>	Other than that, works kinda ok.
>( raw read/write:>300K/s, 20K/s, hmm...slow writing, wonder why )

Not so bad...

-s