Subject: Re: NetBSD Web Site!
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Long <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/22/1998 01:20:43
>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 09:15:00 -0800 (PST)
>From: "Colin Wood" <>

>In general, I think that we shy away from reliance on perl (I'm not
>entirely sure why, I think it's mainly religious).

I don't like the concept of adding perl to the distribution because
IMHO it's a lot of bloat for not much more functionality than already
exists (awk, sh, &c.).  However, that doesn't mean that I would have a
problem if perl were to be used on; AFAIK most of the
CGI scripts in existence require perl.
Mike Long <>