Subject: Status of Kerberos IV or 5
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John C. Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/21/1998 23:01:53
Dear NetBSDers,
   What is the current status of Kerberos on NetBSD 1.3?  Here is what
I found for something like passwd.
   - in /usr/src/domestic/usr.bin/passwd you can make a version of
password which seems to be kerberos IV
   - in /usr/src/usr.bin/passwd there seems to be some facilities in
the Makefile and krb5_passwd.c with a october time frame but if you
uncomment /usr/share/mk/bsd.own.mk KERBEROS5=yes and issue make
does compile krb5_passwd.c and doing a make -D KERBEROS5 does compile
krb5_passwd.c but results in a lot of compiler errors about missing
includes among other things.

   Is kerberosIV fully supported if you build things in /usr/src/domestic?
Is the KerberosV implementations under development?

    I have made some changed to xdm in X11 from XFree which will allow
logging in to get a kerberos ticket and have a different set for
kerberosIV and kerberosV.  I'd prefer to work with KerberosV but will
settel for KerberosIV if it is fully functional (I notice that register
seems to be missing).

TIA
johnh...