Subject: Re: Am I under attack or what?
To: None <Current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1998 11:50:01
Thus spake Dave Burgess
> I was building a new machine and only had 8 Meg of memory available.
> I've built and used dozens of 8M NetBSD machines in the past, so I knew
> it was possible.
>
> I was working away and the system froze (similar to the way it's
> described above).

I'm still having these hangs.  I have another clue.  Out of 3 machines
running NetBSD 1.3, this is the only one using union mounts.  Is it
possible that the union mount code is getting messed up and jamming
the system?  Thinking about it, we recently moved our web page to
a directory involved in union mounting.  Although the union mounts
were there all along (and were accessed) this is the first time that
it would have been hit steadily.  I did test the new pages after
the switch without problems but perhaps there is something else I
am missing that has to happen at the same time.

Or maybe I'm grasping at straws.  :-(