Subject: Re: hardware docs URLs wanted
To: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@ChrisBowman.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/1998 03:27:22
On Sun, 18 Jan 1998, David Brownlee wrote:

>	We are trying to build up a library of URLs for technical
>	documentation on any of the busses, chips, machines, or
>	other hardware on which NetBSD runs (or could run :).
>
>	If you can help with such URLs, please send them into myself
>	<abs@netbsd.org> or the generic <www@netbsd.org> address.
>
>	The current (embryonic) list is at:
>
>	    http://www.netbsd.org/Library/Hardware/index.html
>
>	Thanks...
>
>		David/absolute
>
>          .:. "I'm not an angel... I'm not that quaint..." .:.

I think that this is a great idea, but I would suggest even better would
be to find server space some where, and actually copy the files to there
and make your URL point to the copies.  Some times maufacturers change
their mind about puttting out documentation.  TI did just recently with
their permedia 2 chip.  As a precedent see the Dec documentation page/list
at ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/dec-docs/index.html

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@ChrisBowman.com
My home page