Subject: Re: gcc 2.8.0
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1998 14:58:28
Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <199801150456.UAA02051@eskimo.com>,
> 	wormey@eskimo.com (Space Case) writes:
> > So, when are we going to get it in NetBSD?
>
> NetBSD never uses GCC x.y.0.

Wise ;-) I suppose all fixes will go to 2.7.2-branch too
and new bugs to 2.8.0. What are the changes in 2.8.0 anyway ?
I recall only hearing about exception handling added in g++.

Related thing - gcc 2.7.2.3 is out (I've seen it in our local gnu
mirror), maybe we should upgrade to that one at least ? I looked
at diff and it has some linux-specific changes, but also a few m68k
code changes and some changes in trampoline code.

jd
--
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>	http://www.ics.muni.cz/~dolecek/
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?