Subject: Re: gcc 2.8.0
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1998 14:58:28
Matthias Scheler wrote:
> In article <>,
> (Space Case) writes:
> > So, when are we going to get it in NetBSD?
> NetBSD never uses GCC x.y.0.

Wise ;-) I suppose all fixes will go to 2.7.2-branch too
and new bugs to 2.8.0. What are the changes in 2.8.0 anyway ?
I recall only hearing about exception handling added in g++.

Related thing - gcc is out (I've seen it in our local gnu
mirror), maybe we should upgrade to that one at least ? I looked
at diff and it has some linux-specific changes, but also a few m68k
code changes and some changes in trampoline code.

Jaromir Dolecek <>
It is better never to have been born.  But who among us has such luck?
One in a million, perhaps.