Subject: Re: X on STB Velocity (Riva) 128?
To: Hubert Feyrer <>
From: Patrick Welche <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1998 12:47:24
Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> I'd like to use X on the following PC gfx card:
> STB Velocity 128 (RIVA 128, 4MB RAM)
> This card doesn't seem to be supported by the X that's distributed with
> 1.3. Does anyone know how to get *anything* with that card going? I didn't
> even get SVGA to work (only in 320x200, i.e.).
> Further, having XF86Setup would be *extremely* nice (though I understand
> it needs tcl and all kind of stuff to build :-/).

Well, I tried without success the linux X server from XSuSE GmbH -
something to do with extended keyboard emulation?! and then had a go
with the FreeBSD one at
but didn't have much joy either - died after reading rgb.txt. This was
all before Christmas, so things may have improved in the meantime...

I no longer have the card, but could borrow one if a "tester" is