Subject: Re: SCO Compatibility
To: Scott Bartram <scottb@orionsoft.com>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/1998 00:02:47
Thus spake Scott Bartram
> Are you trying to run OpenServer(?) 5.x ELF binaries? If so, I don't think
> that has ever worked. When I last touched IBCS2 compatibility, it only
> supported the ODT 3.0 (COFF) format. I've been meaning to look at this but
> I don't have 5.0 running and the only financial incentive I had to run
> it went away 3 months ago 8-}

File(1) says "80386 COFF executable not stripped"

> If you're trying to run COFF binaries and you have COMPAT_IBCS2, then
> something else is broken...

>From my config:

options     COMPAT_SVR4 # binary compatibility with SVR4
options     COMPAT_IBCS2    # binary compatibility with SCO and ISC
options     COMPAT_LINUX    # binary compatibility with Linux
options     COMPAT_FREEBSD  # binary compatibility with FreeBSD
options     EXEC_ELF32  # 32-bit ELF executables (SVR4, Linux)

I don't need EXEC_COFF or something do I?  I didn't see it in the options
man page but then I didn't see EXEC_ELF32 either.