Subject: ATAPI 'sd' attachment.
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/1998 18:31:23
I've added my ATAPI 'sd' attachment code to -current, so you should be
seeing it in the next SUP.

If you've got a 'wdc' controller+driver which can do ATAPI (which at
this point means ~i386, though other ports should be moving to the new
MI wdc driver soon), just add a line like:

sd* at atapibus? drive ?

to your kernel config file in the right place.  I've already added
this for all kernels which already contained ATAPI CD-ROM support.

I've tested the new code pretty heavily with an ATAPI Zip.  If there
are others with ATAPI disks running -current, please tell me how well
your drive(s) work!

chris