Subject: Re: Anyone ported the FreeBSD scsi library to NetBSD?
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 01/12/1998 21:59:32
On Mon, 12 Jan 1998 00:24:52 +0000
 buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu (Brian Buhrow) wrote:

 > 	Hello.  I have a cdda (cd audio reading program) for FreeBSD that I'd
 > like to use under NetBSD.  It uses the scsi library under FreeBSD to send
 > its requests to the SCSI subsystem.  I'm wondering if someone has ported
 > the scsi library to NetBSD, or if I should do it, or just convert the
 > program to use our subsystem directly.

I took at stab at it once...

...and it did some _EVIL_ things w/ varargs ... I was pretty sure it
wouldn't work on some architectures.  I haven't looked at it in a while,
but I'm pretty sure it hasn't changed.

If you want to give it a whirl, I'd be happy to answer questions for you
if they came up...

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935