Subject: Re: problem building qt
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/1998 10:47:57
On Sun, 11 Jan 1998, Paul Kranenburg wrote:

: The problem here is that c++rt.o is compiled with `-fpic', while the
: other objects file were compiled with `-fPIC'. They don't mix on
: some architectures (e.g. sparc).
:
: You can work-around this by building a c++rt.0 with `-fPIC' and use that
: to build the library.
:
: I'm not sure what a generic solution should look like.

A generic solution is to remove c++rt0 from the qt library altogether.
NetBSD doesn't need it linked in at all.

=====
===== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com) =====
== "There's a myth that there is a scarcity of justice to go around, so
== that if we extend justice to 'those people,' it will somehow erode the
== quality of justice everyone else receives."  -- Maria Price