Subject: Re: CD-R with NetBSD-1.3?
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/1998 22:04:02

> >any ideas?  For that matter, is there anybody who's gotten cdrecord to
> >work with NetBSD-1.3?
>
> Yes.  I have cdrecord working with NetBSD-1.3.  Hardware is:
>
> cd0 at scsibus0 targ 4 lun 0: <HP, CD-Writer 6020, 1.07> SCSI2 5/cdrom removable

My Sony CD writer will not write a CD if it is connected as a 'cd'
drive.  It will only work as a 'uk' drive.  I also had to install it as
a WORM drive.  When I last looked at it (two months ago), the SCSI/ATAPI
subsystem wasn't ready to do writable CD-ROMs....

uk0 at scsibus0 targ 2 lun 0: <SONY, CD-R   CDU926S, 1.1f> SCSI2 4/worm removable
uk0: unknown device
--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom