Subject: Problem with rarpd?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <dillema@acm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/1998 17:24:53
Untill last week I used a '486 as a netboot-server for other '486 machines.
I noticed a couple of times peculiar behaviour of rarpd. The machines
all ran NetBSD-1.3 Beta from late december. rarpd now and then did
not respond to requests anymore after it had served some. It occured
several times, although I don't know how to create the circumstances to
trigger the problem. The few things I know are that the first request
rarpd gets is always served ok sofar. If rarpd stops responding, killing and
restarting it solves the problem. I also don't know whether its intel
specific, although I switched to an alpha server yesterday and haven't
seen the problem pop up there yet.

Just thought I should report this somewhere...

{ Feico Dillema,                                                        }
{ Install NetBSD as first step in your MS-ware 12-step recovery program }