Subject: Re: new vfork(2) implementation
To: Wolfgang Solfrank <ws@kurt.tools.de>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 01/05/1998 11:38:54
On Mon, 5 Jan 1998 19:39:35 +0100
 ws@kurt.tools.de (Wolfgang Solfrank) wrote:

 > Hmm, I know it's probably only me, but IMHO vfork _is_ a bug.

Well, there are several people who feel the same way, I'm sure... but
one of the biggest points here is that if we're going to have an interface,
it ought to at least have the intended semantics to that interface.

Amusingly, Open Group Single UNIX Spec v2. actually specifies that
vfork(2) shares address space with the parent.  I guess I ought to
update the manpage to note XPG4.2 compliance :-)

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935