Subject: Re: concern about -current tree
To: Jason Thorpe <>
From: Computo Ergo Checksum <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/1998 13:37:54
Jason Thorpe sez:
/* ...It's
 * always been the case, though, that new libc meant you should have your
 * kernel up-to-date.
 * I think the point here is that more frequent binary snapshots are needed.

Something which, at least for the SPARC port, Erik Fair has been gracious
enough to provide.

 * Jason R. Thorpe
 * NASA Ames Research Center                            Home: +1 408 866 1912
 * NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935
 * Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 415 428 6939

I'm really a software toolsmith and a musician by trade, but nobody really
needs a software toolsmith much, and the music industry is so cutthroat
that it would probably do me in.  So I do systems administration on the
side as a hobby.  Funny that my hobby finds more work than either of my