Subject: Re: nullfs and panic: locking against myself
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 01/04/1998 10:38:12
On Sun, 4 Jan 1998 12:37:55 +0200
 Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi> wrote:

 > It's funny that these fs's are kept in the tree even though they do not
 > work.  Or, it's funny they they haven't been fixed - the problems have
 > been known for a looong time now...

Well, they sometimes work, and we know that is needed to fix them.. We need
recursive vnode locking, which is something we'll get once we interate the
4.4BSD-Lite2 file system changes.  It's just that this is a LOT of work.  I
believe Frank van der Linden has this on his 1.4 TODO list, though.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935