Subject: Re: 1.3 Release? (1.3 is in netbsd.org, apparently)
To: None <tooleym@Douglas.BC.CA>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1998 11:02:58
On Sat, 3 Jan 1998 tooleym@Douglas.BC.CA wrote:

> I snagged ipfilter so that I could filter out the annoying crash bugs that
> people keep sending my computer (i'm usually immune, but sometimes my ip
> becomes such a popular target that something invariably comes through that
> ends up destroying something) but was disappointed to learn that 3.2.3,
> the standalone was not designed for 1.2.1, the latest official release of
> NetBSD..  or is it?

Yes. 1.2.1 is the latest released release. 1.3 is in the final release
stages (people compiling the different release sets).

> I was also on #amiga on an obscure irc network where they told me just to
> grab the most -current version, that would have IPFilter installed as a
> normal part of the os. Much to my surprise, the 1.3_BETA directory for
> Amiga was empty, citing the fact that 1.3 should be used instead. This
> isn't a joke is it? I mean, the version I just spent all night downloading
> is the real thing?

If you got it from pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.3/amiga, then yes. (Though the idea
was to not let folks have read access to these directories untill 1.3 is
announced) I think we might still be waiting for a port or two to finish
compiling binaries, then 1.3 will be released!

Take care,

Bill