Subject: Re: The curse of the ncurses package
To: Robert Nestor <rnestor@metronet.com>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/03/1998 11:27:12
Hi Bob,

Where did your ncurses *.h files get installed? In /usr/pkg/include or in
/usr/pkg/include/ncurses?  In any case, this indicates to me that the
ncurses package is not really ready for prime time.

Mark

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Robert Nestor wrote:

> Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net> wrote:
>
> >This is *not* a Mac dependent thing. If you are installing ncurses for the
> >*first* time (ie., there is absolutely no trace of any ncurses anywhere,
> >even pkg_delete does not clean it all out), then you will have this
> >problem. Once again, the crux of the problem is:
>
> Mark,
>
> That's exactly what I did - install on a completely new system that had
> never had ncurses installed on it previously.  I didn't have the problem
> you describe.  I also don't remember having the problem when I did the
> same installation on my PC system.

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/