Subject: Re: The curse of the ncurses package
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, hubert.feyrer@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/02/1998 17:45:06
In article <Pine.SOL.3.90.980102214903.11341A-100000@rrzc6> you write:
> > However, both the 'mv' and the 'sed' fail because the files are *not* in
> > /usr/pkg/include but rather in /usr/pkg/include/ncurses.  I have attached
> > the diffs of a Makefile that I created that works.  Please have the main
> > Makefile updated as soon as possible.
>
> Huh? I've just rebuilt pkgsrc/devel/ncurses to make sure, and at the
> very beginning of "make install", I get this:

I saw this while making my ncurses 4.1 package. The ncurses autoconf
script tries to find where ncurses includes lives, and overides what
it's told if it finds them elsewhere.

For example, I previously had ncurses 4.1 installed in /usr/local/...,
but when installing the ncurses package, it'd put it's includes there
instead of /usr/pkg/include, even when configure is passed --prefix
/usr/pkg!

I solved this by including a patch to configure not to look at those
places. Look at PR#4606... you'll want to remove the check for
$prefix/include/ncurses too, which I didn't do.