Subject: Re: The curse of the ncurses package
To: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@rrzc1.rz.uni-regensburg.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/02/1998 22:12:06
[It seems your original requests never got through to me :-/]

> However, both the 'mv' and the 'sed' fail because the files are *not* in
> /usr/pkg/include but rather in /usr/pkg/include/ncurses.  I have attached
> the diffs of a Makefile that I created that works.  Please have the main
> Makefile updated as soon as possible.

Huh? I've just rebuilt pkgsrc/devel/ncurses to make sure, and at the
very beginning of "make install", I get this:

 >> Checksum OK for ncurses-1.9.9g.tar.gz.
 ===>  Installing for ncurses-1.9.9g
 cd include; make   INSTALL_PREFIX="" install
 installing term.h in /usr/pkg/include
 installing curses.h in /usr/pkg/include
 installing unctrl.h in /usr/pkg/include
 installing termcap.h in /usr/pkg/include

So, I'm not sure how this gets into /usr/pkg/include for you. (This is on
i386, though; no Macs around here). Can you send me a complete log of a
"make && make install", please? I don't have access to a 1.3 Mac (yet >:).

> I am not a programmer, but I am studying 'make' so that I can maintain
> some packages as well in the near future. I also am very willing to test
> out any packages that people are working on. I have two Macs running
> NetBSD and I have enough HD space that I can test packages for people.
> Let's make the packages work for everyone.

Yup. Please report any problems you have with send-pr, that's the
preferred way so things don't get lost.

> Best wishes for the New Year,

The same to all of you out there! :-)

 - Hubert