Subject: X11 includes?
To: current users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/01/1998 14:35:27
I'm trying to build my own local copy of the XFree86-based Xserver, and
I've run into a problem.  First, befor anyone asks, I'm as current as
can be - just supped the X sources yesterday, and I've recently down-
loaded the entire X binary kit that Scott Reynolds put up.  (Yeah, I
know that if I've got the binaries, I don't need to build them myself,
but I _want_ to.)

Now the problem:  When I try to ``xmkmf -a''in /usr/src/xsrc/programs, I
start getting lots of complaints about include files not being found.
The messages indicate that makedepend is looking for the includes (like,
for example, Xos.h) in /usr/X11R6/include.  But the files in question
actually reside in /usr/X11R6/include/X11 (one more level down).

So, where are these files supposed to live?  And how do I either get
them in the right place, or get X's Imake stuff to look in the right
place?

Thanks for any guidance.

| Paul Goyette       | Public Key fingerprint:   | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Consultant |  0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker  |  E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |