Subject: xsrc and X11R6 settings
To: current <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Delcamp <edelcamp@ibiscus.easynet.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 12/29/1997 20:25:44
Hi,

I have downloaded xsrc from sup.netbsd.org and build the X11R6 distribution.
I have one or two things to say :

-1- Ok, Ok, it's nearly impossible but the process to build X11 do not follow
  the standard process of others NetBSD package (make depend && make &&
  make install). Missing also a README on root (/usr/xsrc) to give informations
  on differences with the 'standard' XFree distributions, and where to begin
  to start configuration.

-2- Maybe something is broken in XKB, can't get my national keymap. All was
  right with a standard XFree distribution. I need to investigate.

-3- When building the Amiga CC server, compilation break. Need to confirm.
  (could take some time, because make erase all previous *.o files and my
  68030 take days to compile the stuff).

-4- I think that "PCVT_SUPPORT" and "SYSCONS_SUPPORT" are defined by default
  in xf86site.def. Only need PCCONS_SUPPORT.

In a general manner, I think that the build process is too much different. We
need to make it more BSD-like (but that will make lots of changes).

Thanks.

PS: Oh, need to introduce the "FRENCH_KBD", "GERMAN_KBD" and "NORVEGIAN_KBD"
 in options(4) for pccons ;-)