Subject: Re: A holiday thanks to all...
To: None <djv@bedford.net, netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Not for internal consumption <greywolf@starwolf.starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/25/1997 11:17:37
Let me put my thanks in as well as someone who didn't get in early enough
to have a hand in any of it (1984), but who learned a lot from as far
back (or as late in the game! :-) as 4.2 BSD's sources.  By the time the
BSD/ATT conflict was resolved, it was roughly ten years later.  As soon
as I learned that BSDI was actually charging for their code (and why
not?), I began in earnest to track NetBSD.  Since then I have had the
dubious honor of finding and submitting bugs and their fixes, even if I
got the occasional dismissal of code which was, as mycroft put it, "an
egregious hack".

I never did find out what he thought so egregious of it, but it's bygone
now, and I'm appreciative of the efforts of everyone to keep the code
from being "egregiously hacked" :-).

So, in order of importance, I would like to wish a Blessed Solstice, Happy
Kwanzaa, Joyous Generic Mid-Winter Holiday, and lastly, Merry Christmas
and Happy Hanukkah (or however you spell that word).

				--*greywolf;
--
Theorem #1:  There are several ways to create a quantum black hole.
    - Butter a piece of bread and tie it, buttered side up, to a cat's back.