Subject: I can't get troff to work
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/1997 15:22:12
I'm trying to compile current and I have a problem.  No matter what I do
I can't get troff to work. (This means almost everything that tires to
build man pages will die.) Troff will get a segmentation fault while
processing its own manpage.  I have recompiled the rest of the groff
stuff that it needs and I've also recompiled libm and libgnumalloc.  It
*still* dies in the same way.  Is troff broken?  Should I just recompile
more stuff first (libc, gcc, ld, as, etc.)?

I'm doing this on a MicroVAX II which is currently running the snapshot
from arch/vax and a 1.3_ALPHA kernel.  The system is quite stable and
I'm not really suspecting it... I've recompiled lots of big stuff on it
and it worked.

BTW.  I've had some other annoyances with current, but at least I could
solve them.  It seems that what I *really* need is a time machine so I
can ship current binaries back in time and use them to compile current.
Failing that, the Makefile should at least build the stuff that needs to
be rebuilt before building current.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

PS.  Please CC me if you reply to this.  I have just subscribed to
current-users, and I don't have confirmation yet.  I wouldn't want to
miss any replies that happen before the subsciption is
processed.

--
|  Boris Gjenero <bgjenero@undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca>              |
|  Home page:  http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/~bgjenero/     |