Subject: RE: JFS - Journaled File System...
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Rankin <rankind@us.ibm.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/1997 08:43:16
Please ignore the From line as far as for whom I am speaking. I am speaking
only for myself.

Basically, what you guys want is a Logical Volume Manager, not a jfs. It's the
LVM that manages disk space. JFS is simply one type of filesystem that can sit
on a logical volume.

There were some efforts on the Linux side on a project called "VPS" that I was
watching with interest a year and a half ago. I've seen no activity on their
mailing list for months, although interested parties could feel free to ask on
vps-devel@acm.uiuc.edu. (Be warned, if you aren't a coder, what they've got
won't be of interest to you...)

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr. --- DSM UNIX Team
    External Phone (606) 243 1457    Internal 8-545-1457

current-users-owner@NetBSD.ORG on 12/22/97 11:19:06 PM
Please respond to current-users-owner@NetBSD.ORG @ internet