Subject: Re: rdist w/ ssh
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 12/17/1997 18:02:13
>On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Erik Bertelsen wrote:
>>
>> several months ago, rdist was updated to use the new rcmd suite, which
>> should enable people to use rdist on top of ssh.

If you get the standard USC rdist (6.1.3 I think) you can use
a command line option to tell it which rsh to use for the connection.
Eg. rdist -P /usr/local/bin/ssh ...

Obviously you need to have things arranges with the target system
that ssh will just work - with no user interaction.

Beyond that I can't help you - I use SSLrdist :-)

I have used ssh for remote login's but only such that I get prompted
for a passwd, for rsh type stuff I use SSLr* and X.509 certs.

--sjg