Subject: Re: #!/usr/bin/env perl instead of /usr/bin/perl
To: Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/16/1997 08:50:18
On Tue, 16 Dec 1997, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

: > : Yeas, there is. #!/usr/bin/env perl
: >
: > Ooh, that one is ingenious.  I wonder, though, if there's something similar
:
: Why ? It does one exec() more than "normal" procedure and is highly
: flexible.

Because in all my trawlings through third-party code I've never seen it
done.  :>  But as I said, it does have the drawback that spaces in the
interpreter (for more options, etc.) don't get split into later argv
strings; rather, spaces are passed as part of the interpreter name.

=====
== Todd Vierling (Personal tv@pobox.com; Business tv@lucent.com)
== Vierling's Axiom: The revolution won't be televised; it will be posted.